Publisher: Clampett Studio Collections
Artist: Warner Bros.
Characters: 1: Porky Pig
Release Date: May 13, 2004
Edition Size: 100
Image Size: 15 ¾" H x 11 ¾" W, 16 field cel
Item Number: CC1210
* "Porky Pig: Lobby Card" is a limited edition hand-painted cel and Giclee print background.
* Porky Pig, with a career spanning eight decades, is one of the most recognizable characters in the Looney Tune lineup. Porky, in fact, is known as the first Looney Tunes star, predating both Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.
Porky has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity as Daffy Duck's co-star in the new cartoon series, "Duck Dodgers."
* For a brief period, Porky was a bumbling, stuttering pig of rotund proportions. But it was soon that Leon Schlessinger asked director Robert Clampett to redesign Porky, creating the character he is today.
* Animation historian Jerry Beck provided the 15 lobby card originals which were scanned to produce the Porky Pig Lobby Card background. These lobby cards were created during the Golden Age of Animation, both in-house and by special design studios hired out by Warner Bros.
* "Porky Pig: Lobby Card" represents the fourth in the Lobby Card series, which includes lobby cards for Bugs Bunny and Sylvester and Tweety, and Daffy Duck.